May 2, 2011

Watch this video - Gay in America: Color Lines Across Rainbow Skies

Xem Van Adams' Gay in America: Color Lines Across Rainbow Skies explores ethnic and racial divides in the LGBTQ community. It's a look at queerness that rarely get highlighted in mainstream media when it comes to LGBTQ people (who are always assumed to be affluent and White).

I love the emphasis on personal stories and reflections as opposed to a more academic or journalistic style. It humanizes the issues in ways that a more "objective" approach cannot.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this. I agree, getting to know the people made it feel more personal. It amazes me that even on my blog, whenever I call out the racism in the LGBTQ community, too often I get nothing but e-crickets.

    This would be an excellent submission to the We Got Your Back Project.

    ReplyDelete